Question

fmeworkbench.exe process not ending after closing FME Workbench window

• 25 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone here has any idea why this is happening. When I open fmeworkbench.exe, four processes are created:

• QtWebEnginepProcess.exe
  • QtWebEnginepProcess.exe
  • fmeobjectsworker.exe
  • fmeworkbench.exe

But when I close the FME Workbench window, only the top three processes are ended. fmeworkbench.exe continues to run in the background. The number of fmeworkbench.exe processes keeps increasing the more times I open and close FME Workbench, which is quite often on a typical day. It ends up taking a lot of memory, so I'd like to figure out how get these closed properly.

This behavior is consistent across the three versions of FME I have installed (2017.1.2.1 32 bit, 2021.1.2.0 32 bit, 2021.0.1.0 64 bit), and is only occurring on a Windows Server 2012 machine. FME Workbench (and FME Data Inspector) are the only programs on the server that are exhibiting this run in background after closing behavior. I've tested on a Windows 10 machine and the workbench processes are ending properly on it.

I know that's not a lot to go off, but I'm not really sure how to even diagnose why these aren't closing. Would be very happy to hear any ideas.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

There's been a recent question along the same lines. I would recommend you do what @nampreetatsafe​ suggest there.