Question

FME Access Connection Issue

• 20 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am creating a connection to an Access DB. The database has a username and password, and when I do the connections for the DB in FME it only asks for a password. After i set the connection up, i create a Reader for it, but after the reader is created it asks me for the username and password for the MS access db again. How do i get this to stop? Cause it is going to ask me that information everytime i run this query, which will be automated.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @pauldeq​ I've never seen this issue before myself. I tried reproducing the problem but was not able to. If I have an Access DB with a password I only have to enter that password once when I'm creating the Reader. Just a couple questions here to get a better picture of what's happening:

• What version of FME Desktop are you running?
  • Does this only happen with this one Access DB file? What's the file extension of the file? Is it .mdb or .accdb?
  • Would you be able to share a screenshot showing your FME Desktop when it asks you for the username and password for the MS Access DB again?
Badge

Hi @pauldeq​ I've never seen this issue before myself. I tried reproducing the problem but was not able to. If I have an Access DB with a password I only have to enter that password once when I'm creating the Reader. Just a couple questions here to get a better picture of what's happening:

• Does this only happen with this one Access DB file? What's the file extension of the file? Is it .mdb or .accdb?
  • Would you be able to share a screenshot showing your FME Desktop when it asks you for the username and password for the MS Access DB again?

Hello DanMAtSafe,

I appreciate your reply. The version is 2021.0, the database is a .laccdb, whatever that extension means. It only happens with this database. I can share a screen shot with you in just a bit.

Badge

Here is the screenshot

AccessFMEConnectionIssue