Question

FME Server and PythonCaller - 'Could not load module' errors

• 20 January 2022
  • 5 replies

I have an FME Server instance running on FME Cloud (FME Server 2021.2.1 Build 21797 - linux), and when I try and run a workspace that uses a PythonCaller, I get several 'could not load module' errors related to plugins - please see attached log file.

Everything runs fine on FME Desktop (FME(R) 2021.2.0.1 (20211112 - Build 21789 - WIN64) )

As it is an FME Cloud instance, I don't think I can do anything to set python paths, unless I am missing something?

Any assistance with this greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Fiona

5 replies

Userlevel 4

The first line of the log file reads:

FME Configuration: Extremely low initial memory conditions detected. To improve stability and performance please increase the memory available to FME. Available memory can be increased by adding physical RAM, increasing swap space, or closing other applications

Try increasing the instance size (memory) and see if the problem resolves itself.

Thanks for your quick response, I get this first error for anything I run on FME Server, and it still runs OK - I thought I'd read somewhere that this issue was because it is a VM (which I assume it is as it's an FME Cloud instance, but happy to be corrected, as I don't know much about all this!). I am using a 'starter' instance - 4GB and 2 CPUs - would you expect this error for that set up?

I have upgraded the server to 'Standard' - 8GB - and that removes the initial "Extremely low initial memory conditions detected." error, but I am still getting the 'Could not load module' errors as in the previous log file.

Userlevel 4

I have upgraded the server to 'Standard' - 8GB - and that removes the initial "Extremely low initial memory conditions detected." error, but I am still getting the 'Could not load module' errors as in the previous log file.

Sounds like you need to contact Safe support for this.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hey @fionahf​ - did you get a solution to this? I'm seeing something similar