Solved

Error message when converting four shapefiles into one FGDB.

• 12 January 2022
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +6

Error message when converting four shapefiles into one FGDB. Error consists of:

An error occurred while attempting to create the feature class 'SB_Aussenkasten'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147220649'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {Cannot create double column table.}

CraeteFGDBI would be thankful. if someone could tell me what the problem is.

Thanks very much.

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 12 January 2022, 14:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

The source (SB_Aussenkasten) apparently has the attributes "BAUTEILNUM" and "Bauteilnum".

This can happen if you have multiple shapes with the same names in different folders.

In a GDB featureclass columns are not case sensitive and this is not allowed as these are seen as the same. So you need to fix that or rename one of them before writing to gdb.

You can do this using an AttributeRenamer, rename "BAUTEILNUM" to "Bauteilnum".

If you have a lot of columns you also can use a BulkAttributeRenamer to change all columns to lowercase.

Badge +6

The source (SB_Aussenkasten) apparently has the attributes "BAUTEILNUM" and "Bauteilnum".

This can happen if you have multiple shapes with the same names in different folders.

In a GDB featureclass columns are not case sensitive and this is not allowed as these are seen as the same. So you need to fix that or rename one of them before writing to gdb.

You can do this using an AttributeRenamer, rename "BAUTEILNUM" to "Bauteilnum".

If you have a lot of columns you also can use a BulkAttributeRenamer to change all columns to lowercase.

@nielsgerrits​ Many thanks for your help. I also have other question about creating relationship between Excel spreadsheet and FeatureClass in an FGDB. i will ask in other post.