Question

Is there a reason why I can not setup a fme workspace on FME Server that accepts POST requests? It would be much cleaner to accept data in a post request. This would also allow for accepting image and other large binary data to go in to my workflow.

• 10 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +4
Is there a reason why I can not setup a fme workspace on FME Server that accepts POST requests? It would be much cleaner to accept data in a post request. This would also allow for accepting image and other large binary data to go in to my workflow.

2 replies

Badge

Hi @Paal Pedersen​ ,

It's possible to have your FME Server accept POST requests. Are you having specific issues getting your FME Server to accept a POST request or simply asking if it can be accomplished?

Here's some helpful links with examples:

How can I successfully POST json data to FME-server using REST? (safe.com)

HTTP POST Requests to FME Server from Node.js (safe.com)

Send Source Data to FME Server with HTTP POST (safe.com)

Badge +4

Hi @Paal Pedersen​ ,

It's possible to have your FME Server accept POST requests. Are you having specific issues getting your FME Server to accept a POST request or simply asking if it can be accomplished?

Here's some helpful links with examples:

How can I successfully POST json data to FME-server using REST? (safe.com)

HTTP POST Requests to FME Server from Node.js (safe.com)

Send Source Data to FME Server with HTTP POST (safe.com)

Yeah, ok. My problem is that Im not able to receive a payload sent with the post request. For example and image. It looks to me like the only values I can receive is the urlparameters.