Question

Merge Road Events like using LIneOnLIne but, without Geometry possible?

• 5 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have road events from different groups and time lines.. so the geometry doesn't always match but they want me to push them together. is it possible to just use the PathName, Start Measure and End Measure to join many events together?

Example: All Path's have3 events Weight, Height, Width. I want to be able to merge them together like Snipper or LineOnLine so I can join the Start and End Measures where they break..

If needed in Python or Transformer preferably so I can complete this on the fly from two databases to compare.

image.png

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

great question.

Badge

Thank you, this might be the wrong place for this question.. I wasn't sure where to put it.. but it's not much more than tabular data transforming.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Thank you, this might be the wrong place for this question.. I wasn't sure where to put it.. but it's not much more than tabular data transforming.

I think here is right place even if your question is regarding just a tabular data transformation, but we couldn't understand exactly what your goal was.

Could you please share a source dataset sample with us and elaborate more specifically what your desired result is?

Badge

I think here is right place even if your question is regarding just a tabular data transformation, but we couldn't understand exactly what your goal was.

Could you please share a source dataset sample with us and elaborate more specifically what your desired result is?

Hello Takashi, sorry for the late reply and I see where I failed. My request is to join multiple tables of Road Event data together without using geometry.

Type Weight, Height and Width are the event types, I should have had the Event type Values included.

Weight table looks like this.

Path A from 0 to 1 the Weight is 5T

Path A from 1 to 3 the Weight is 7.5T

Path A From 3 to 10 the Weight is 10T

Using only "FromMeasure and ToMeasure" in stead of "Geometry in LineOnLine.

Completed would look like this: