Question

Cached data is no longer visible after upgrade from 2019.1 to 2021.1 while using a network share as the FME_TEMP local variable location.

• 17 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi,

We have just upgraded from Desktop 2019.1 to 2021.1 and I can no longer view the cached data when the FME_TEMP local variable is pointing to one of our network shares, I have changed the local variable to a few of our shares with the same result. If I change the local variable back to the local C:\\temp area, 2021.1 version works fine and can view cached data again.

I have tried this with 3 users on the network and all are getting the same result. Version 2019.1 is still working fine, caching the data to the network shares??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Brendan

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Is there a reason you're putting FME temp on the network? This will seriously kill the performance of your processes.

Is the workspace able to run and cache data successfully? Is the network share a mapped drive or is it a network path?

Badge +8

Hi @brendanneal​ 

This is internally a known issue and we are currently looking into this. But as Matt mentioned, pointing the FME_TEMP to a network share would affect performance even if you tend to gain using fast storage SSDs(for cloud systems).

Hi @brendanneal​ 

This is internally a known issue and we are currently looking into this. But as Matt mentioned, pointing the FME_TEMP to a network share would affect performance even if you tend to gain using fast storage SSDs(for cloud systems).

That's for letting me know it is a know issue.​

Is there a reason you're putting FME temp on the network? This will seriously kill the performance of your processes.

Is the workspace able to run and cache data successfully? Is the network share a mapped drive or is it a network path?

Hi, yes agree with everything you are saying, our IT build our clients with minimal local storage, and they want us to work this way, we do have fast network speed, and they have allocated flash flash storage for us. Thanks again