Question

How to Identify if an intersecting route is from Left or Right . I have my routes data as polylines whichever which i am testing out. How can I achieve this in FME? Thank you!

• 9 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
How to Identify if an intersecting route is from Left or Right . I have my routes data as polylines whichever which i am testing out. How can I achieve this in FME? Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 4

You can use the TopologyBuilder:

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/topologybuilder.htm

Badge +2

@fme​ If you can share some sample data or an image of what you're trying to accomplish that would help us. There is also the LeftRightSpatialCalculator

Badge +2

@fme​ If you can share some sample data or an image of what you're trying to accomplish that would help us. There is also the LeftRightSpatialCalculator

@Mark Stoakes​ Please see attached an image of what I am trying to accomplish.New_FME

Badge +2

@Mark Stoakes​ Please see attached an image of what I am trying to accomplish.New_FME

@fme​ I think it's back to the TopologyBuilder as suggested by @david_r​ . Details will depend on whether you have duplicate segments - i.e. where you have Routes 1,2,3