Solved

Flagging/ Highlighting misaligned boundaries using transformers (neighbourfinder, spatial relator..?)

• 6 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi, I have two shapefiles that represent two boundaries that are suppose to align in a perfect world but due to updates, they are now misaligned. The datasets are for the whole province and I need to find the area/ the specific part of the boundary that does not align with the other boundary.

The boundaries are polygons but then are transformed into lines, and I need to find a way that the line that is misaligned with a 10 meter tolerance will get highlighted.

I have tried neighborfinder and spatial relator (+using buffer for 10m tolerance) but the softwares outputs keeps highlighting the entire polygon or an entire section of lines (even though one line might be misaligned).

Does anyone have any suggestions or ways to go around this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 6 December 2021, 23:09

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @yaldaroro​ 

Please use a Chopper transformer on one of the lines with maximum vertices set to 1 to chop it into vertex points, then use a NeighborFinder to find any vertex points that are more than 10m from the other line. These point can then be used as flags to show where the lines diverge.