Question

OSG Reader: Ignoring unsupported node + OSG Reader: Ignoring unsupported geometry - only surfaces are supported

• 1 December 2021
  • 2 replies

I would like to use FME as a 3d model converter/processor. We know that the 3D Clipper of FME is not being supported yet and I would like to split the osgb model with z values using https://www.openscenegraph.com/ such as using this example code https://github.com/openscenegraph/OpenSceneGraph/blob/master/examples/osgclip/osgclip.cpp#L109 . However, I find that the osgt file cannot be recognized by FME and the following error messages are shown:

OSG Reader: Ignoring unsupported node

OSG Reader: Ignoring unsupported geometry - only surfaces are supported

How I can generate a cropped 3d model that can be opened by FME? Any suggestions are welcome! Thank you.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @nickshek​ , would you be willing to share more information on whats going on? If you could supply any of the following, this would be great:

• A full logfile?
  • Screenshot of your reader parameters?
  • Sample data?
  • What version/build of FME Workbench you're currently using?

Also, is any geometry being read in at all? If you haven't taken a look at the OSG Reader documentation, it may be worth checking out, as it lists whats supported in FME. Best, Kailin

Hello @nickshek​ , would you be willing to share more information on whats going on? If you could supply any of the following, this would be great:

• A full logfile?
  • Screenshot of your reader parameters?
  • Sample data?
  • What version/build of FME Workbench you're currently using?

Also, is any geometry being read in at all? If you haven't taken a look at the OSG Reader documentation, it may be worth checking out, as it lists whats supported in FME. Best, Kailin

I am using openscenegraph 3.6.5 with the following sample commands:

osgconv Tile_+5568_+5452.osgb Tile_+5568_+5452.osgt

Tile_+5568_+5452.osgb can be loaded into the FME 2021

But Tile_+5568_+5452.osgt can be loaded into FME 2021 with the following error messages:

Worker 25504 > OSG Reader: Ignoring unsupported geometry - only surfaces are supported

How can I send the sample data to you privately ? Thank you so much