Solved

Why is the task reporting it takes 3 seconds to run when it actually takes far longer.

• 26 November 2021
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +10

Issue best described with some images:

a2a1 

Anyone have any ideas as to why, before lunch it was running and reporting taking a few seconds, now it is taking a one minute but reporting as taking 3 seconds. I am running as a data stream.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 26 November 2021, 20:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hmmm, it could be related to the how long it takes to send the response back to the client requesting the Data Streaming​ service. Do you see the same thing when using data download or job submitter?

Alternatively in some cases jobs will get resubmitted in the case they crash. It could be that the job is crashing and being restatrted. This is pretty unlikely though, you can check in the processmonitor log to see if there are any crashes.

Next is to check other logs, there should be a datastreaming log I think which might give you some clues as well

Badge +10

Hmmm, it could be related to the how long it takes to send the response back to the client requesting the Data Streaming​ service. Do you see the same thing when using data download or job submitter?

Alternatively in some cases jobs will get resubmitted in the case they crash. It could be that the job is crashing and being restatrted. This is pretty unlikely though, you can check in the processmonitor log to see if there are any crashes.

Next is to check other logs, there should be a datastreaming log I think which might give you some clues as well

thank you, I checked on Sunday and it was back to normal. I was using FME Cloud so wonder if there was an issue with latency to reading some s3 buckets or rds databases (both dependencies in the workbench). @stewartatsafe​  was there any network/performance issues with FME Cloud (Frankfurt) on Friday afternoon?

Badge +5

We did not see an elevated number of error messages in this region over the weekend. AWS did not report any issues either. I think the latency theory is a good one though and it could have been caused by issues beyond AWS. Keep an eye on it.

Badge +10

We did not see an elevated number of error messages in this region over the weekend. AWS did not report any issues either. I think the latency theory is a good one though and it could have been caused by issues beyond AWS. Keep an eye on it.

thanks @stewartatsafe​ stumped us for a whole afternoon. will keep an eye, thanks