Solved

AreaOnAreaOverlay from single input

• 23 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi guys,

just wondering when using AreaOnAreaOverlay on single input, can it add attribute to show which records's overlap which?

Currently i only get the overlap count option but ideally I'd like each record to be added as an attribute field and with a return value so i can see.

Thanks in advance 🙂

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 23 November 2021, 09:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

If you tick Generate List, you can then add attributes from the overlapping feature which will be stored as a list. Depending on the final outcome you are looking for, you then might need to do some list manipulation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

You need to check "Generate List", add a List Name and select the attributes you want to add. Then you can use a ListExploder to create a feature for each list item.

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

You need to check "Generate List", add a List Name and select the attributes you want to add. Then you can use a ListExploder to create a feature for each list item.

Added sample workspace.

AreaOnAreaOverlayer(2021)

Badge

Thank you. it still give me a feature for each iteam..

what i need is at the overlapped area to have one single feature but in attirbute it merged together and give me a return value at the feature it present there... does it make sense? more like the union tool in arcgis :)

Badge

Thank you. it still give me a feature for each iteam..

what i need is at the overlapped area to have one single feature but in attirbute it merged together and give me a return value at the feature it present there... does it make sense? more like the union tool in arcgis :)

say in the input dataset i have field called type: with value A,B,C.

i hope at the output it create field name as a,b,c then with a return value at the area the reader feature presence. say when A and B overlap, there should be a return value at field A and B.

hope this make sense...