Question

FeatureReader won't read .rvt file

• 15 November 2021
  • 3 replies

I've had a workflow that did what it was supposed to with several Revit files, now when trying to work with a new batch of files I am getting the following error:

DataRecorder (RecorderFactory): The clause 'PATH_TO_AN_FFS_FILE.ffs' 

within 'FACTORY_DEF * RecorderFactory FACTORY_NAME DataRecorder FEATURE_FILE PATH_TO_AN_FFS_FILE.ffs MODE RECORD' is incorrect. 

The parameter to FEATURE_FILE must be a constant value, a value-of (&) attribute, or an FME function call

The clause 'PATH_TO_AN_FFS_FILE.ffs' 
within 'FACTORY_DEF * RecorderFactory FACTORY_NAME DataRecorder FEATURE_FILE PATH_TO_AN_FFS_FILE.ffs MODE RECORD' is incorrect.  

The parameter to FEATURE_FILE must be a constant value, a value-of (&) attribute, or an FME function call

Revit Native Reader: Failed to create persistent feature cache

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

(the path has been replaced to the text in caps lock)

Also Im sure the Revit file is correct because I've checked it with the online

Autodesk viewer and everything seems fine.

My reader looks like this:

imageAnd it gets rejected.

Im not setting a Coordinate system because I have a esri_cad.prj file next to the input.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Pretty weird ERROR there. Is it perhaps the Revit version? For example FME 2020 may not be able to read revit files produced from Revit 2021.

Have you tried the normal reader?

What are the Parameters of the Revit Reader?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I think that one should go straight to our support team, if it hasn't already. I suspect an issue with the filename or path (does it have spaces in it?) but they would be able to tell you for sure. See safe.com/support and please do include a copy of your workspace (and data if possible).

The solution was changing the Environmental Variable FME_TEMP to a new value, stumbled across it when trying to change something else and figured why not try since it's not working.