Question

SharePoint connector running on FME server can't write to the rootfolder

• 9 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

He all,

I've a question about the SharePoint Online connector. The file upload works on the root of the folder (see image) in FME Desktop (2020.2) but the same configurations doesn't work on FME server. On FME server the following error message: The error message is:  `SharepointOnlineConnector: Invalid name '/'. The file or folder name contains characters '" * : < > ? / \\ |' or is not allowed' is displayed on FME server 2020.2.4.

SharePoint Online connector version: 1.1.1

Thanks for your response how to solve this problem.

Sharepointconnector 

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Have you tied just leaving the path blank?

Is the package version the same on desktop and server?

Could be that the problem is with the filename to be uploaded rather than the root folder? have you tried using a non-root folder to upload to?

If your able to upload the same file to a non-root folder location then it seems like there is a bit of a bug?

Badge

He virtualcitymatt,

Thanks for your response. I've tried the path blank indeed. In desktop this works (the file is written to the document library ("root"). On FME server this doesn't work and gives the error message that I stated before. The same package versions are on FME desktop and FME server. When Path is filled after "/", on server and desktop it works. The file is written to this folder.

How to deal with a possible bug @safe and are there work-a-rounds possible?

Badge +2

@thomas89​ Could you try putting in %2F instead of / ?

That's the URL encoded value for /

Badge

He @jlutherthomas​ 

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, the %2F method gave this error message in the FME Server log: FME_rejector_message 'None Type' Object has no attribute 'strip' . Are there maybe other URL encoded values or an other solution that can be a work-a-round?

Badge

@jlutherthomas​ We have just noticed this issue too, on a workflow that had previously been able to write to root without issue (Desktop + Server). Version 1.1.2, just upgraded to 1.1.3 and the behavior persists

Badge +2

@mtaftferguson​ @thomas89​ 

This should be fixed in v1.1.5 of the SharePoint Online package.