Question

User parameters order

• 8 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Hello!

I have some weird problem.

I have lots of user parameters in my workbench, and their order is critical to the success of the workbench.

When I set my parameters in manage user parameters, and hit OK, the order got mix to the old order.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Thanks,

Dor.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @dor1411993​,

What version and build of FME are you using? You can find that in Help > About FME Workbench. And are you able to share any screenshots of your edits and the result? Does dragging the order of the user parameters in the Navigator instead of using the 'Manage User Parameters' make a difference for you?

Badge +5

Hi @dor1411993​,

What version and build of FME are you using? You can find that in Help > About FME Workbench. And are you able to share any screenshots of your edits and the result? Does dragging the order of the user parameters in the Navigator instead of using the 'Manage User Parameters' make a difference for you?

Hey @jovitaatsafe​ !

Thanks for answer me!

actually, I didn't know that you can drag the parament in the Navigator, and it worked!

But when I closed the workbench and re-open it mixed the parameters again..

So, meanwhile I published to the Server..

I hope it will resolved itself.

I used

FME(R) 2021.2.0.0 (20211029 - Build 21784 - WIN64) 

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hey @jovitaatsafe​ !

Thanks for answer me!

actually, I didn't know that you can drag the parament in the Navigator, and it worked!

But when I closed the workbench and re-open it mixed the parameters again..

So, meanwhile I published to the Server..

I hope it will resolved itself.

I used

FME(R) 2021.2.0.0 (20211029 - Build 21784 - WIN64) 

Thanks!

Hi @dor1411993​,

It seems to work on my end as expected without the order changing so unfortunately I can't reproduce the same behaviour. I've got a few more questions to see if we can narrow down the issue:

1. Are you using any Group Boxes and does it change anything if you remove them?
  2. After closing and reopening, when you hit run on the workspace with 'Prompt for User Parameters' enabled, does the order look correct?
  3. Is the order or the user parameters changing only when you save, close and reopen the workspace? I am wondering if it saves it with the correct order of user parameters. You might try running the workspace on command line after closing it to test this and checking if the output is what you had expected.
  4. Does the user parameter order change only happen on this workspace, or other workspaces too? If it's only happening on this workspace, consider copying it to a new workspace (either by copying and pasting or saving as a template and opening the template)

Please let me know if any of these work for you!

If these steps don't work, if you're able to share a sample of your workspace with these user parameters, I'd be happy to take a closer look and see if I can reproduce it on my end.