Question

Issue after upgrading from 2020.2 to 2021.1.3 - Dynamic reader + writer doesn't write data as it used to in 2020.2

• 8 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I'm currently testing all the workspace I have after upgrading from 2020.2 to 2021.1.3.

There is an issue I can't fix. I have a workspace that export data from postgresql base to an excel file. The file can be modified so I have a dynamic feature reader to get the model and a dynamic writer to write the data.

In 2020.2 it works (I still have the version on my laptop, until all projects have the same version). With the same data and the same workspace, but using 2021.1.3 version of FME, my file is writen empty ....

FME isn't failing but I have 95 warnings :

Feature Caching is ON

The workspace may run slower because features are being recorded on all output ports.

Logs_systeme_StatisticsCalculator (StatisticsCalculatorFactory): Attribute 'resultat' has no statistics requested. If statistics are expected for this attribute please ensure that they are selected in the Statistics to Calculate table

Excel Reader: Found named range '_xlnm__FilterDatabase' on sheet 'Detail Instances'. This is a Microsoft Excel internal name so FME will not show it as a sheet. If you wish to read this named range, please rename it

Excel Reader: Found named range '_xlnm__FilterDatabase' on sheet 'Detail Instances'. This is a Microsoft Excel internal name so FME will not show it as a sheet. If you wish to read this named range, please rename it

MULTI_WRITER: The below feature was found without either a multi_writer_id, or both a multi_writer_row and multi_writer_column. multi_writer_id has been set to 'NULL'

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Feature Type: `Detail Instances'

Attribute(32 bit unsigned integer) : `_creation_instance' has value `0'

Attribute(string: windows-1252) : `attribute{0}.fme_data_type' has value `fme_varchar(16)'

Attribute(string: windows-1252) : `attribute{0}.name' has value `Type organe'

Attribute(string: windows-1252) : `attribute{0}.native_data_type' has value `char(16)'

..... (text too long so I shorted the list)

Attribute(string: windows-1252) : `fme_feature_type' has value `Creator'

Attribute(string: windows-1252) : `fme_feature_type_name' has value `Detail Instances/all'

Attribute(string: windows-1252) : `fme_format_long_name' has value `Microsoft Excel'

Attribute(string: windows-1252) : `fme_format_short_name' has value `XLSXR'

Attribute(string: UTF-8) : `fme_geometry{0}' has value `fme_no_geom'

Attribute(string: UTF-8) : `fme_geometry{1}' has value `fme_point'

Attribute(string: windows-1252) : `fme_schema_handling' has value `schema_only'

Attribute(string: UTF-8) : `fme_template_feature_type' has value `Detail Instances'

Attribute(entangled: string: windows-1252): `fme_type' has value `fme_no_geom'

entangled to xlsx_type

Attribute(string: UTF-8) : `multi_writer_id' has value `'

Attribute(string: windows-1252) : `xlsx_type' has value `xlsx_none'

Coordinate System: `'

Geometry Type: IFMENull

Coordinate Dimension: 2

===========================================================================

Cannot define schema for 'Detail Instances' as the feature does not contain schema information, and schema source is set to 'Schema from Schema Feature'. Please verify writer feature type configuration

Excel Reader: Found named range '_xlnm._FilterDatabase' on sheet 'Detail Instances'. This is a Microsoft Excel internal name so FME will not show it as a sheet. If you wish to read this named range, please rename it

Excel Reader: Found named range '_xlnm._FilterDatabase' on sheet 'Detail Instances'. This is a Microsoft Excel internal name so FME will not show it as a sheet. If you wish to read this named range, please rename it

I saw a question that looked similar but it was closed without an answer (it was closed to open a new one, more generic) , but I counld'nt find a link to the next one (https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q00008gogMrSAI/featurewriter-and-dynamic-schema-definition-fails-).

Thanks for your help,

Morgane

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Two things i'd consider (in no particular order)

• Update all transformers
  • Delete all instances of the XLSX reader and re add it
Userlevel 4
Badge +26

I would also compare the Schema Feature in the workspace where it is working to what you see here in the warning.

It seems like there may be a problem with the schema feature itself. I can see there is a '/' in this line which might be causing issues: `fme_feature_type_name' has value `Detail Instances/all'

In particular the FeatureType looks to be set to 'Detail Instances' but the SchemaFeature has the name `Detail Instances/all', this could be where the problem is.

In the previous version do you see the warning about the '_xlnm__FilterDatabase' named range?

The solution was to change the version of FME, the one I was using had a bug which prevented the functionnality to work properly. I'm now using the 2021.2.0.1 and it works perfectly.