Solved

Change Server Apps Parameters Display Settings

• 21 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

I've made the simplest of Server Apps with a Source Text File, StringReplacer and Output Text file to the Data Download service. In the App Parameters, the String Replacer "Text to Replace" shows what it looks to be all of the Transformer configuration settings, but all I want is the Parameter Prompt. I attached a screenshot of it (and the underlying workspace parameters) - can the info in red be removed? I'm running FME Server 2019.1.3.1.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by lauraatsafe 29 October 2021, 00:57

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

That is really weird and should not happen!

Do you only see this when you're creating a Server App or also when you're running the workspace manually on FME Server?

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Is your fme desktop and fmeserver version the same?​

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Well, it seems I've run into a similar issue! In my case it was on a source dataset parameter (Generic reader) where I had tinkered with the file/url configuration settings, somehow the filter column got the value "All files" which threw things off and part of that string was appended to the prompt in the FME Server web interface. Looked fine on desktop... both are same build. In my case setting the filter back to * did the trick.

Badge +2

Well, it seems I've run into a similar issue! In my case it was on a source dataset parameter (Generic reader) where I had tinkered with the file/url configuration settings, somehow the filter column got the value "All files" which threw things off and part of that string was appended to the prompt in the FME Server web interface. Looked fine on desktop... both are same build. In my case setting the filter back to * did the trick.

Thanks, @Hans van der Maarel​ . What do you mean "setting the filter back to * did the trick"? Which filter are you referring to? For my issue on the String Replacer, it seems interesting because only one of the two associated published parameters has this extra text.

To answer previous questions, yes I see the same added/unwanted text to the "Text to Replace" prompt from FME Server's manual Run Workspace as is seen through the FME Server App. And FME Desktop and FME Server are at the same versions, 2019.1.3.1.

Thanks!

Badge +9

Hi @timboberoosky​ , I was able to replicate the issue you're seeing with your workspace here. It looks like if you publish that "Text to Replace" parameter within the StringReplacer directly in the StringReplacer parameter dialog, the type of user parameter that FME creates isn't being parsed correctly on FME Server. I've reported this to our team as FMESERVER-17456, so we'll work on getting a fix in for this. Thanks for letting us know!

One workaround I found was to create the published parameter using the right-click menu under User Parameters in the Navigator window first and set the parameter type to Text. Then link that parameter to the "Text to Replace" parameter in the StringReplacer.

Badge +2

Hi @timboberoosky​ , I was able to replicate the issue you're seeing with your workspace here. It looks like if you publish that "Text to Replace" parameter within the StringReplacer directly in the StringReplacer parameter dialog, the type of user parameter that FME creates isn't being parsed correctly on FME Server. I've reported this to our team as FMESERVER-17456, so we'll work on getting a fix in for this. Thanks for letting us know!

One workaround I found was to create the published parameter using the right-click menu under User Parameters in the Navigator window first and set the parameter type to Text. Then link that parameter to the "Text to Replace" parameter in the StringReplacer.

Thanks @lauraatsafe​ . Interesting finding! I was able to use the workaround you described - creating the parameters first, then assigning them to the inputs on the StringReplacer second - and the App looks as expected now. Thanks for following up and for logging the case.

Badge +9

@Hans van der Maarel​ I wasn't able to replicate the issue you encountered with the parameter for the generic reader. If you can get this to happen again, could you please send either your workspace or the steps for what you did to get into that state to us in support? I'd like to make sure we get that fixed as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

@Hans van der Maarel​ I wasn't able to replicate the issue you encountered with the parameter for the generic reader. If you can get this to happen again, could you please send either your workspace or the steps for what you did to get into that state to us in support? I'd like to make sure we get that fixed as well.

Found it, will send it in to support.