Solved

Updating ArcGIS Online Attributes and Not Geometry

• 29 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Can you update the attributes of a feature without having to upload the geometry to a AGOL hosted feature service?

For example, we have a feature service with about 80 features where the geometry for each feature is huge. We want to do daily updates to the attributes and the geometry never changes.

There is a work around where you have a non-spatial table and use hosted dynamic joins, but is a little awkward.

icon

Best answer by drc43 29 September 2021, 16:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I think this is currently (2021.1) not possible with the AGOL writer. (I think in the SDE writer an option like this exist. Update Spatial: Yes/No)

But there are examples using the Python API, like this one, which you can implement using the PythonCaller.

Also see Updating features in a feature layer.

Badge +10

This can be done, IF your AGOL hosted feature service is set up to not allow geometry updates (Attribute updates only). When you run the workspace, FME will ignore the geometry and just update the attributes as you have set up on the writer. I'm not sure if this is the right way to do this or not, but it does the job.

ignored

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

This can be done, IF your AGOL hosted feature service is set up to not allow geometry updates (Attribute updates only). When you run the workspace, FME will ignore the geometry and just update the attributes as you have set up on the writer. I'm not sure if this is the right way to do this or not, but it does the job.

ignored

Nice one!

Badge +1

ignored

Thanks for the quick answer.