Question

Snapper tool in fme workflow not working as expected

• 18 August 2021
  • 1 reply

New to FME, im trying to create an IMDF dataset from a CAD floor plan using the 3 step guide provided. The snapper tool either snaps the door lines together and doesn't provide a line, or it doesn't snap and provides a line, in both instances the output file still contains the door lines in their original locations. From what I understand, the preprocess.fmw is supposed to take the lines of the door and convert them into vertices and then draw a line between them and remove the original lines.

Any insight into the actual process of creating a door in autocad that conforms to the workflow process would be appreciated. Does the door line and arc need to be a polyline? Does it need to be a block? any information is beneficial.

Thank you!

https://community.safe.com/s/article/converting-cad-datasets-to-imdf-part-1 this is what i am trying to follow.

I've also given the layers the names (RM$), (GROS$) and (ADO) as this is what i understood from what information has been provided.

This is only a test floor plan.

I have a full version I am currently working on, but if i understand the process, i should be able to get that one working when the time comes.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @vansha01​, I believe that in Part 1 of the CAD to IMDF tutorial series, the preprocess.fmw workspace only creates the lines for the openings of the doors. However, it does not remove the existing drawing of the doors. I took a quick look at your DWG files and it looks like you're on the right track to move to Part 2!

Let me know if you need any more information regarding this.