Question

How to troubleshoot this "Warning: not all FMESessions that were created were destroyed before shutdown. This may cause instability" when running a Spatial ETL tool via python.

• 17 August 2021
  • 3 replies

I am using the Data Interoperability extension. I created 2 spatial ETL tools and added each to a model. When run manually, the tools and models run just fine but when I put them in a python script using the syntax referenced here: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012387 , I get this "Warning: not all FMESessions that were created were destroyed before shutdown. This may cause instability" which I see that others have had in the past but typically using FME Server. Disabling log files and parallel processing are not really applicable to data interop or my workflow (which is what other's have done to resolve the warning). Can someone help me figure out how to destroy my FME Session using python? Thanks! -Tiffany

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Is the workspace failing? are you able to share a log file?

Thanks for your reply! The workspace runs. It doesn't fail. I'm not sure how to access the log file since I'm not running it from workbench. According to Safe doc, the log file should be saved in the directory where my workspace lives, but there are no .log files there.

ViewLogFile

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @tifffinke​, if you've confirmed that the "Save log to file" has be selected in FME Options, it might be saved in C:\\Documents and Settings\\<user>\\Application Data\\ESRI\\Interoperability\\logs as mentioned in this this older doc from Esri. [Update] This will likely be C:\\Users\\<user>\\AppData\\ .. in more current versions. Let us know if you have any luck.

As Dale mentioned in your post on Stack Exchange, once you've obtained the log file we'd love to look further into this with you. I've created a support case (C660097) to continue the conversation and have our team help with this.