Solved

I have 1 line and 1 polygon layer, have to extract all the intersection points and create a point layer with the attributes of line and polygon present on it, how it can be done?

• 11 August 2021
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge
I have 1 line and 1 polygon layer, have to extract all the intersection points and create a point layer with the attributes of line and polygon present on it, how it can be done?
icon

Best answer by theodrogo 13 August 2021, 21:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

One process comes to mind for me

Use a GeometryCoercer on the polygons to turn them into lines. Then you can use a LineOnLineOverlayer. This should give you the intersection points. The LineOnLineOverlayer will also let you pick up the attributes.​

Badge

@bhavyagandhi​ @virtualcitymatt​ if you only want the intersection points that are overlapping both of your 2 layers, you have be aware that if the line layer (or the polygon one) have some self intersection, the lineOnlineOverlayer will give you also the intersections point for this unique layer. For example, if you have a road network as a line layer, the transformer will return you all the intersection points for the roads crossing... like this :

1It's the same thing for your polygon layer. So you have to manage/clean your intersection point after. Personally, here is what I'd do :

2 Hope it helps!

Théo Drogo

GIS consultant​ @consortech (Partner)​ 

Badge

@bhavyagandhi​ @virtualcitymatt​ if you only want the intersection points that are overlapping both of your 2 layers, you have be aware that if the line layer (or the polygon one) have some self intersection, the lineOnlineOverlayer will give you also the intersections point for this unique layer. For example, if you have a road network as a line layer, the transformer will return you all the intersection points for the roads crossing... like this :

1It's the same thing for your polygon layer. So you have to manage/clean your intersection point after. Personally, here is what I'd do :

2 Hope it helps!

Théo Drogo

GIS consultant​ @consortech (Partner)​ 

I was actually about to ask the same thing about the problem of self-intersection points, Thanks a lot for answering and clarifying.

Badge

I was actually about to ask the same thing about the problem of self-intersection points, Thanks a lot for answering and clarifying.

@bhavyagandhi​ Glad to see it helped you! 🙂