Question

bad variant access

Badge +2

FME(R) 2021.1.0.0 (20210630 - Build 21607 - WIN64)

I run 3 readers all with sql statements, the output writes to Oracle in 1 table. Ik never had problems (fme 2020) but with version 2021 I get an error :

2021-07-27 11:33:03| 142.5| 0.0|FATAL |An error occurred. Here is the information that FME was able to find on the error

2021-07-27 11:33:03| 142.5| 0.0|FATAL |bad variant access

If I run them individually there is no problem.

When I run 2 of them at the same time thies error occurs. Why? How to prevent?

12 replies

Badge +10

Hi @perry​ ,

Are you able to try the latest version of FME 2021.1.0.1?

There was a known issue where a "bad variant access" error was produced and has been fixed in the latest release.

- Andrea

Badge +2

I thought I had the latest version installed (2021.1.0.0). I did not know there was an issue. Sadly I have more issues with other transformers working fine with fme 2020 and now fail. I will ask to install FME 2021.1.0.1.

Badge +16

Hi @perry​ ,

There was a known issue where a "bad variant access" error was produced and has been fixed in the latest release.

- Andrea

Hi @andreaatsafe​  Is this issue solved? I am running against it with a clients FME Server (build 21607) where the workspace uses an SDE connection. This workspace used to work but does not anymore.

Badge +2

Hi @perry​ ,

- Andrea

With te latest version 1.1 there are no problems or strange issues.

Badge +16

KnipselThanks for responding, which build do you mean with 1.1? (the build I am using is also 1.1)

Badge +2

build 21619. used on server and desktop.

all transformers updated to latest version and system parameter: continue process.

packages renewed (ie Emailer).

Badge +16

I see thx again probably have to upgrade server....😡 Would anybody from Safe mind confirming that this is the only option? @mark2atsafe​ @jennaatsafe​ 

Badge +10

Hi @itay​ ,

I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused but this is a known issue that was first noticed with the first release of FME 2021.1 build 21607.

The only way to work around this issue is to upgrade to the FME 2021.1.0.1 build 21614 or newer. For some more details, please see the known issues page under the id: FMEENGINE-70052.

- Andrea

Badge +16

Hi @andreaatsafe​ ,

Thanks for getting back to me on the issue. Upgrade it is!

Cheers,

Itay

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Is it normal that this issue is suddely happening on my FME Server? It is the build 21607, but the process has been running without issue until yesterday.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @oscard 

Did anything change in regards to the workspaces (updated/republished) or anything else?  

If nothing changed, I honestly don’t know why it would have been working and then suddenly stop.  Unfortunately, the only workaround is to upgrade to a newer version.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Hi @oscard 

Did anything change in regards to the workspaces (updated/republished) or anything else?  

If nothing changed, I honestly don’t know why it would have been working and then suddenly stop.  Unfortunately, the only workaround is to upgrade to a newer version.  

Hi.

The only change has been executing the process in an Automation, but it run perfectly for a week or so before the error appeared. We will upgrade to a newer version in a couple of weeks. Thanks!