Question

Zoom to selected features - bug?

• 13 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

after some time in a workflow I often get a problem that the "zoom to selected features" is greyed out. Also the highlighting of the feature is not displayed any more.

I try all, but only closing the program helps. Have anyone the same problem? The separat Data Inspector program don't have the problem.

I have the newest Version of FME 2021.1, old version have also the same problem.

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @connecter​ , this sounds very strange. Would you be able to shed light on the following questions:

1. What is your operating system?
  2. Are you viewing 2d or 3d data?
  3. Are you able to share a video or screenshot the behaviour?

Best, Kailin.

Badge +4

Hi @kailinatsafe​,

thanks for you reply.

1. Windows 10
  2. 2D Linedata
  3. Animation

All transformer previews are not working after the problem happened. You can select a row in the table (from the Visual Preview), but the button "zoom to selected feature" is grey out. I tried the following without solving the problem:

• rerun the workflow
  • Purge Temporary Files

Only shutdown the program help, but it will soon happen again after some time. My colleague has the same problem.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hey again @connecter​ , could you share the FME version/build where you experience this? Also, can I have you confirm the Data Inspector is working properly? Thanks, Kailin.

Badge +4

Hey again @connecter​ , could you share the FME version/build where you experience this? Also, can I have you confirm the Data Inspector is working properly? Thanks, Kailin.

Hi again @kailinatsafe​ ,

yes, I can confirm that. After you start the Data Inspector from the Visual Preview all is working well.

We use FME(R) 2021.1.0.0 (20210630 - Build 21607 - WIN64). Before that Build: 2020.2.3-b20820.

To give you more details & how to imitate

the problem (sry. can't share the workflow):

• I start a workflow and want to make changes, so I run it to point xy
  • Next I use the Visual Preview from different Transformers
  • I click on the line (in the Visual Preview - Graphics), first all do well
  • After some transformers (Attribute Keeper, FeatureJoiner, Cloner, Tester) no click & no zoom to selected feature is possible any more
  • Every transformers reload for 1-2 sec to load the 17.000 results (maybe here goes something lost after some time?)

Badge +4

Hey @kailinatsafe​ ,

I build a workflow (no a meaningful) to show you the bug. Also I record the hole doing:

Bug_FME2Hope that help you. Thanks!

Hi @connecter​ and @kailinatsafe​ ,

I'm running into the same issue using an old version of FME (2019.1.2.0).

Can anyone confirm this is an old bug that has been solved in a recent version or is there a workaround for the issue?

Thank you and sorry for opening up an old subject!

Badge +4

Hi @alexvdp​ ,

yes, the problem is fixed. It was integrated in version 2022.0.

Hi @alexvdp​ ,

yes, the problem is fixed. It was integrated in version 2022.0.

Good to know, thanks!