Question

calcul of Azimut with Pyqgis in FME

Hello everybody,

I have a layer of points and I wanted to calculate the azimuth of each point, suddenly I thought to make a pythoncaller to call the API of QGis in order to use the Azimuth function, I'm a little stuck on this integration if you have any proposal, I will be recognizable.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

Where did you get stuck? What did you try?

Actually, I would like to insert some python code written on QGIS python console on FME.

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

Actually, I would like to insert some python code written on QGIS python console on FME.

What code did you write in the QGis Python Console and what code did you write in the PythonCaller?

What goes right, what goes wrong, what webpages did you look for a solution?

Using Python in FME is not very easy. I think the Programmers of FME have the philosophy that you almost never need Python to do what you want.

First try should always be using the available transformers. But if that does not have the solution you could use Python.

Some years ago I made this:

https://hub.safe.com/publishers/rollo/transformers/pluscodegeocoder

It is an example of downloading some online code and rewriting it to use within FME.

What code did you write in the QGis Python Console and what code did you write in the PythonCaller?

What goes right, what goes wrong, what webpages did you look for a solution?

Using Python in FME is not very easy. I think the Programmers of FME have the philosophy that you almost never need Python to do what you want.

First try should always be using the available transformers. But if that does not have the solution you could use Python.

Some years ago I made this:

https://hub.safe.com/publishers/rollo/transformers/pluscodegeocoder

It is an example of downloading some online code and rewriting it to use within FME.

I wonder how I can insert a python code already tested on QGIS in FME, in any case thank you I will manage