Question

Can I set "lower case Table Name" in PostGIS writer parameters, produced with "generate workspace" workaround

Badge

Hi. I want to transform data from Oracle spatial to PostGIS. There are over 100 classes to transform. That's why I go with the option "generate workspace". For the writer I choose a PostGIS connection. In the Parameters I have to click the option "lower case attributs name". The same I need for the table name. If the table name is in uppercase letter, I'm not able to open the PostGIS database anymore. If I manualy set it in lower case letter, it works. But there are over 100 writers. Is there a posiblitity to set that generaly? To choose the function "import feature tye" is no option. In this case there is a lower case table name, but reader and writer attributes doesn't finde eache other.

5 replies

Badge +2

Hi @Adrian Holzer​ ,

You should be able to achieve this using a dynamic workspace.

The table name from your Oracle Spatial database will be stored in the fme_feature_type format attribute. Check out the Dynamic Workflows: Destination Schema Contains Different Feature Type Names article for how to accomplish this :)

Badge

thanks for answering. fme_feature_type delivers the value in uppercase letter as well. seems to be an issue for years: https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080h5XQSAY/lowercase-postgis-table-names

Badge

I just saw your link for Dynamic Workflows. mybe that works. will update you.

Badge

yes! with the dynamic Workflow, the fme_feature_type format attribut and the StringCaseChanger it runs successfully. thank's for the help.

Badge +2

yes! with the dynamic Workflow, the fme_feature_type format attribut and the StringCaseChanger it runs successfully. thank's for the help.

Great, thanks for the update. Yes the case for the value of the fme_feature_type format attribute is dependent on the source table name.

Glad you got it working using that article as a reference.