Question

I work for a water utility which has addresses in a billing system and load them into GIS feature classes in a dataset in versioned geometric network .sde database.

Badge

The water utilities meter site addresses are in our billing system. This information is daily pulled into a MS SQL server table. I would like to use FME to take the MS SQL table address information and load this table into four feature classes that are in a dataset in a versioned water geometric network .sde database. This .sde database is reconciled and posted nightly. I have worked with versioning and how to best accomplish this. Any suggestions are welcome.

4 replies

Badge +7

Utility Network uses Branch versioning, which requires you to create a Portal Feature Service in order to update data.

You can use SQL Server Non-Spatial Reader as input to read the table, and Esri ArcGIS Portal Feature Service as your destination, requires you add a Web Connection Authentication to your Portal first, from menu Tools > FME Options > Web Connections.

Also you could try setting both Readers and Writers to Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE Geodb) format, but for the writer you need to set the parameter Transaction Type: Versioned Edit Session.

Badge

Thank you for replying. I think I created a confusion on my part. We are currently using the geometric network, not the utility network. With that being said, do you have additional thoughts to share?

Badge +7

Oh I see.. sorry for the confusion,

In that case, then my second suggestion should be working for you.

Badge

Oh I see.. sorry for the confusion,

In that case, then my second suggestion should be working for you.

Thank you for the follow up and letting me know that the second suggestion is an option.