Question

Converting data from features/rows to attributes/columns to create comma-delimited CSV files.

• 17 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello, this is a pretty basic question, but I have been wracking my brain as to how to do it.

When I read data from an XML file, it treats each value in my data as a new feature/row. This means that when I convert the features into CSV format, I get one value per line, as opposed to a long string of values delimited by commas. (see the two pictures to get a sense of what I mean). Is there an easy way to fix this? The basic solution in something like excel would be to transpose the data, but there doesn't seem to be a simple functionality for that.

CSV no commasCSV commas(Additionally, if anyone after looking at my workspace has a better way to get my 'msec' values to be first in the csv, I'm all ears!)

Any help would be appreciated!

2 replies

Badge +2

@geoquizzer82193​ without seeing the source XML it's hard to tell were the problem arises. My guess would be that it is the Listexploder that is splitting all your points.y{} values into separate records. Try ListConcatenator instead.

Badge

@geoquizzer82193​ without seeing the source XML it's hard to tell were the problem arises. My guess would be that it is the Listexploder that is splitting all your points.y{} values into separate records. Try ListConcatenator instead.

Hi, thanks so much for replying. The source XML looks like this. The msec and the y values (in red) are what I need.Screenshot 2021-06-21 084733I've tried list concatenator, but it seems as if the csv writer just ignores all the y values from the list and just returns the msec?