Question

FME Server Email IMAP Automation not receiving email attachments

• 16 June 2021
  • 1 reply

We have an FME Server automation configured for IMAP to read unread emails as they arrive. This is set to polling every 1 minute.

The issue we are encountering, is that emails that arrive from a 3rd party server do not have the attachments in FME Server, however, i see the attachments to the emails in outlook and OWA.

If i forward the email with the attachment to email inbox FME Server is monitoring, then it does pickup the attachment.

Could it be FME server is processing the email before exchange has downloaded the attachment?

thanks,

Raviteja

1 reply

Badge +10

Hi @raviteja_cyient​ ,

You may be on to something there. (Could it be FME server is processing the email before exchange has downloaded the attachment?)

I know my organization scans all email attachments when an email comes in from an external email address. It's been described to me as the email initially being delivered, but with out the attachments while they are being scanned. Once the scan is complete, it redelivers the email with the attachments.

I wonder if this is the source of the issues you are finding. I would recommend testing with a larger polling period (5 min maybe) and see if the issue continues. My current process is set to 10 min and I have not had any problems like this. Might be worth a try.