Question

Why is the download URL not being returned in an FME server app?

• 16 June 2021
  • 2 replies

I created an FME server App that runs a workspace. The workspace generates a Zip file but I could not work out how to set it as an output so I could define it as the download content.

As a work around I put in a FileCopy writer to simply make a copy of the zip file as that transformer is recognised as an output when publishing to the server.

It has worked once as far as I can tell but in most cases when I run it I just get 'Completed' but no download link.

It is odd because there are no errors in the log when I look at the completed process. How do I ensure that a Server App returns an error (if appropriate) or ensure the Download URL is always shown?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

You need to make sure you've selected a Data Download Service when configuring your web app

You need to make sure you've selected a Data Download Service when configuring your web app

Hi, just to confirm that I have already selected Data Download (and also tried Data Streaming). I don't think the issue is with the settings but I wonder if it is more with using FileCopy as an output writer. It returned the URL at least once but not since.