Question

Validating attributes against domains

• 14 June 2021
  • 0 replies

Badge

I am trying to validate fields in several feature classes in an enterprise geodatabase against domains that are applied to the fields. I have two database views which contain information about the domains on the database.

V_DOMAIN_CODED_VALUES is a database view which contains the domain name, the code and the description.

2021-06-14_16h22_55V_DOMAINS_ON_FIELDS is a database view which contains the feature class name, the field which has a domain and the domain name.

2021-06-14_16h24_17 

My FME workspace reads all of the above views, merges them together by domain using a FeatureMerger. I am able to concatenate values to produce a giant where_clause which I can pass into another FeatureReader to identify any records which contain some value which is not in the domains.

This is fine, however, I would like to identify the actual value in a particular field in a particular feature class which doesn't match the domain assigned to it.

Is there some tool that is out of the box which I can validate records against domains as I read them?

I should add, I'm reading the feature classes dynamically as I don't know them all prior to running. I'm feeding the feature class name as an attribute from the views into the FeatureReader.

I've spent way too much time trying to figure this out on my own.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!