Question

IF I INSTALLED FME DESKTOP ON OUR SCHOOL LAPTOP FOR PRACTICE WOULD IT NOT DISTURB OTHER APPLICATIONS LIKE GOOGLE MEET AND SCHOOL FILES

IF I INSTALLED FME DESKTOP ON OUR SCHOOL LAPTOP FOR PRACTICE WOULD IT NOT DISTURB OTHER APPLICATIONS LIKE GOOGLE MEET AND SCHOOL FILES

4 replies

Userlevel 4

Normally, installing FME Desktop should not have any negative impact on other software. The only thing I can think of would be version issues related to the VisualC++ runtimes that is installed with FME, but I haven't seen those in several years now, so I'm not sure if that's still something that you could potentially run into (and then only for very specific applications, I guess, not the PC in general).

Normally, installing FME Desktop should not have any negative impact on other software. The only thing I can think of would be version issues related to the VisualC++ runtimes that is installed with FME, but I haven't seen those in several years now, so I'm not sure if that's still something that you could potentially run into (and then only for very specific applications, I guess, not the PC in general).

THANKS MUCH.

Thank you for your reply. May you assist me with steps to take to do a demo on any topic using FME workbench. Thanking you in advance.
Userlevel 4
Thank you for your reply. May you assist me with steps to take to do a demo on any topic using FME workbench. Thanking you in advance.

The easiest is to contact your local Safe Software partner: https://www.safe.com/partners/partner-locator/

If you cannot find a partner for your country, consider contacting Safe directly.