Solved

StatisticCalculator multiple Attributes

2019Hi everyone,

we have installed the 2021 Version already but now we don't know how to select multiple attributes in StatisticCalculator. In earlier versions i.e. 2019 it has been possible to select multiple attributes by clicking on the 3 points, unfortunately I can't find this option in 2021 Version. Do I have to select all my 100 attributes if I need a statistic about them? 😖  Is there any possibility?

Kind regards,

Sandra

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 19 May 2021, 00:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I think so yes.

As a workaround, when you have the previous version still installed, you can copy paste an old version an paste this in the new workspace, select what you want and then upgrade the transformer. Attached a workspace with a 2019 StaticsticsCalculator.

I think so yes.

As a workaround, when you have the previous version still installed, you can copy paste an old version an paste this in the new workspace, select what you want and then upgrade the transformer. Attached a workspace with a 2019 StaticsticsCalculator.

Oh man..... thank you very much for your answer. It worked....Hope they will change it again

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @rickes6g​,

That's a good point about being able to select many attributes to run statistics on, definitely worth a comment in the original idea, or to post a new Idea and link back to the original. I'm glad to hear that you've got a working solution from @nielsgerrits​'s suggestion in the meantime!

For context on why the transformer has changed, the StatisticsCalculator was overhauled to improve performance which lead to changes in the transformer parameter design. There's a few more details documented in this article, Upgrading to the 2020+ StatisticsCalculator.

Badge +2

@rickes6g​ This has been fixed for FME 2021.1 (due for release in July 2021).

so hopefully you'll be able to avoid copying an old version of the StatisticsCalculator and upgrading it.