Question

How can I keep fme_dataset in writer?

Nice to meet you all. I appreciate your help.

I could write the excel file with fme_dataset when I generated the workspace immediately. I could find fme_dataset in the user attributes.

workspaceuserattributes_beforeHowever, when i reopened .fmw, the fme_dataset in user attributes disappeared and could not write the field into excel.

userattributes_afterBesides, fme_dataset could not be imported to user attributes and fme_dataset00 would be imported automatically instead.

userattributes_import

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

You can find a list of technical attributes in the next tab called "Format Attributes".

You can find a list of technical attributes in the next tab called "Format Attributes".

I have already exposed the fme_dataset in “Format Attributes” but the field still could not be wrote into excel file

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Rename it to something other than fme_dataset if you want to write it as an attribute in your output

Rename it to something other than fme_dataset if you want to write it as an attribute in your output

I have lots of different readers which also store the fme_dataset. Is this method need to connect each fme_dataset to the renaming field one by one? Any automatic method? Thanks a lot!