Question

Featurereader Fails to open created files

• 6 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello,

i'm using a featurereader to catch all items created in another workspace (through a workspacerunner) however i keep getting an error:

2021-04-06 16:39:32| 4.0| 0.0|ERROR |Shapefile reader: Failed to open file 'C:\\TEMP\\pt000019.shp' for reading. Please ensure that the file exists and you have sufficient privileges to read it

2021-04-06 16:39:32| 4.0| 0.0|ERROR |A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

I did try using a decelerator and/or featureholder, it doesn't do anything good. Though the files are there when the featurereader kicks in.

However if i run the same benchmark a second time, everything works without error. Any advise?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I wonder if it might be a case of the WorkspaceRunner reporting it's done before the writing is actually done. Could you add a logger right after it (so you can get an accurate timestamp) and compare it with the timestamp of the Shapefile when it's written?

If that is the case, maybe replace the writer in your child workspace with a FeatureWriter and then a FeatureHolder after that.