Question

Filter by date value

• 31 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

I am working with an excel file and there is a date attribute, where I want to filter the lines by the 4 possible dates, how can I do this? But I never know which dates are coming, it would have to be something dynamic.

I've tried using the AttributeFilter but it doesn't work dynamically, even publicated parameters.

Thank´s

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

I don't think theres an answer to this... How can you filter dates when you don't know what they are?

Badge +6

I don't think theres an answer to this... How can you filter dates when you don't know what they are?

it is ... I need to filter by different values of a column, in this case they are numbers, dates ... but I don't know what these numbers will be, I know they are 4 different

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

it is ... I need to filter by different values of a column, in this case they are numbers, dates ... but I don't know what these numbers will be, I know they are 4 different

Right, what are you wanting to do with the features? This is a good case to use the GroupBy functionality of some of the transformers. You'd use your date field as the attribute for the GroupBy parameter and this will group the features where the date is the same

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Group_Based_Transformers.htm

Badge +6

I have tried several but none of them allow the output for each date.

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Are you able to share some example data and outline part of what you're trying to achieve?

With GroupBy you don't need to split out the data into individual branches

Badge +20

Please post a sample of your data