Question

Is AttributePivoter broken? Or is it some python integration?

• 30 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

AttributePivoter has started failing with a "WARN |Python Exception <TypeError>: '<' not supported between instances of 'str' and 'float'".

Prior to sending features into AttributePivoter I validate the features and they all pass as numeric .

I am aware of numerous workarounds and custom transformers - I am just curious about this error.

I hope the image is sufficient information - the Transformer Parameters are on the left hand side.

2021-03-30 19_19_24-orb-pc3789.corp.pbwan.net - Remote Desktop Connection 

PS: I tried numerous python installations - including my OSGEO4W 3.7 - and both FME 2020 and FME 2021.

3 replies

Badge +1

A wild stab in the dark, since I see scandinavianisms in the log (hej hej!) - is it a dot vs comma issue for the values? I.e. localization clashes where it doesn't understand decimal . vs decimal , - obviously the validator should have the same issues, so I am not super-convinced about my own suggestion.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

It's a known issue i believe, see the last response from @hollyatsafe​ safe here

https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080hgfmSAA/statisticscalculator-error-with-python-36

Badge +10

Update:

This issue has been addressed in FME 2021.1 and newer