Solved

Building and Exploding Lists help needed!

• 29 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi FME team,

I want to create a list from attributes, retain the site IT and Metric - with the metric values. So effectively I will have a feature for each Site ID and Metric combination. I've tried ListBuilder and ListExploder but not working as I'd like. Attached is an example of what I have and where I need to get to. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks.

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 29 March 2021, 22:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

You want to use the AttributeExploder to get your desired result

Capture

You want to use the AttributeExploder to get your desired result

Capture

Wow simple as that. Thanks @ebygomm​ for your super quick answer! 🙂

Hi @ebygomm​, I have another task i'm trying to and it's actually exactly the opposite of the one above which you solved. In terms of the examples above, I'm trying to take the 'desired output' format and convert it into the 'input data'. Any ideas? Thanks :)

Badge +6

Hi @ebygomm​, I have another task i'm trying to and it's actually exactly the opposite of the one above which you solved. In terms of the examples above, I'm trying to take the 'desired output' format and convert it into the 'input data'. Any ideas? Thanks :)

Hi @John Kreft​ , It would be helpful to start a new thread with an example of your list to get a sample workspace mocked up for you!

In the meantime I would suggest to check out this tutorial on Transposing Tables here: https://community.safe.com/s/article/transpose-a-table-using-fme. The TransposeAdvanced.fmwt might help your case.