Solved

Geodatabase Error (-2147219884): The Field already exists

• 29 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +20

I want to reopen an old case that is still of interest:

Geodatabase Error (-2147219884): The Field already exists (safe.com)

My error isn't of the "reserved word" origin nor related to having "shape" as an attribute name.

When trying to dynamically create tables in a GDB I get the "Field already exists" error.

2147219884_ErrorIf I send each feature type to a corresponding table it runs.

No ErrorFor what I am trying to do, connecting readers and writers by hand is not worth it.

Can someone from Safe comment on this?

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 30 March 2021, 09:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

How are you passing the schema through to the writers? Can you shouw us the configuration of your writer(s) in the first example?

Badge +20

How are you passing the schema through to the writers? Can you shouw us the configuration of your writer(s) in the first example?

I have attached a screenshot of the writer and the workspace.

gdb writer

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I have attached a screenshot of the writer and the workspace.

gdb writer

I can reproduce your issue, but when using FeatureReader/FeatureWriter instead of classic Reader/Writer it works, but with a bunch of warnings.

2021-03-30_09h26_13

Badge

I think the source of this problem might be the objectid field. If a geodatabase is the schema source then the dynamic writer tries to add the objectid field to the output but in fact this field is automatically created whenever a geodatabase feature class is created. I personally solved it in the destination feature types using the parameter "Attributes to Remove" and entering objectid

2021-08-11 11_48_55-Feature Type