Question

Server Apps- How do I post the app I created through the server on a public site?

• 21 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

Hey

I recently learned through this webinar: "Creating No Code Web Apps with FME Server" how to create an app with the help of the server, and thus optimize our work.

It is explicitly stated that the application can be embedded in any external site. Just copy and paste.

When I tried to create the app, it would not let me access the app from an external computer. (The server is currently installed on only one computer.)

What do you need to do to have outside access to these apps?

Thanks

Dor

4 replies

Badge +10

Hi @dor1411993​ ,

FME Server must also be accessible from your public site to allow the FME Server apps to be used. Depending on your organizations security policies they may have a procedure for making FME Server public. We also have some recommendations for Setting up an Entry to a Public DNS Service.

Badge +5

Hi @dor1411993​ ,

FME Server must also be accessible from your public site to allow the FME Server apps to be used. Depending on your organizations security policies they may have a procedure for making FME Server public. We also have some recommendations for Setting up an Entry to a Public DNS Service.

Thank you very much!

Do you or anyone else here have any experience setting up such a thing?

Badge +5

Hi @dor1411993​ ,

@richardatsafe​ 

Thank you very much for your help!

I am trying to do the steps of the Dynu Systems process (free.

I'm stuck in the last part:

Enter the fully-qualified hostname for the private FME Server installation (for example, myfmeserver.mydomain.internal).

For example, this redirect URI is produced:

https://myfmeserver.fme-oauth-redirect.dynu.com/fmeoauth

can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Badge +10

@richardatsafe​ 

Thank you very much for your help!

I am trying to do the steps of the Dynu Systems process (free.

I'm stuck in the last part:

Enter the fully-qualified hostname for the private FME Server installation (for example, myfmeserver.mydomain.internal).

For example, this redirect URI is produced:

https://myfmeserver.fme-oauth-redirect.dynu.com/fmeoauth

can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Hi @dor1411993​ ,

I should have been more clear. These offer ways to have static hostnames for your server. Normally the job to create allow public access to your Server is something your IT department should set up. We don't have any recommended methods to allow public access to your machine. If you looking to test the Server Apps and you don't have the infrastructure or resources to set this up you can use a cloud instance or FME Cloud which already comes with a public IP address.