Question

Desktop 2021 is not detecting the default point radius for a PDF2D writer.

Badge

Hi,

I created a workspace in Desktop 2020 that plots some point locations on a basemap, and then writes both features out to a PDF. I set the default point radius to 3 in the PDF2D writer parameters which was fit for purpose. Please see the attached 2020 file for reference.

Now, when I run the very same workspace in Desktop 2021, the points in the output PDF are so small you can hardly see them. Please see the attached 2021 file for reference.

I'm not sure why Desktop 2021 is reducing the size of the points down to almost nothing.

As a solution, I tried to increase the default point radius in the writer parameters but this didn't work. It's like they are stuck on the one size...

Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @smcd84​ ,

I'm unable to reproduce the behaviour you're reporting. Using the default point radius writer parameter and setting the format attribute pdf_point_width works as expected in my tests.

Is it possible the points are being drawn behind the raster or even other vector features?

Badge

Hi @debbiatsafe​ ,

Thank you for your reply.

No. The points were definitely being drawn on top of the other features. I could see them but only just.

I updated the PDF writer and this seemed to do the trick.

Thanks.