Question

What is alternative for StringConcatenatorGroupBy function which exist after FME 2018 which is not available in FME 2016 ?

Badge

I am facing one issue is StringConcatenatorGroupBy this function not exist in FME 2016. Any other alternative for this ?

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Can you explain what you are trying to do? The StringConcatenator doesn't have a GroupBy function even in FME2018 and beyond

Badge

I am using 2020 version this function StringConcatenatorGroupBy. I am getting in error in 2016 is this function available in build 2018. this will work like sql joining multiple column of attribute table and group by particular column

Badge

any help here ?

Badge +20

You are using the StringConcatenatorGroupBy custom transformer from the FME Hub.

Il you want to backport it to a previous version of FME, insert it in a workspace on a version of FME you know it works (2018.1.2.0 or later), right click on it and select Edit.

Reproduce the Transformers, Parameters and workflow in a workspace you want to use it, in a FME version you need.

Test it, use it!

Good luck!

Badge

any reference for this "Reproduce the Transformers, Parameters and workflow in a workspace you want to use it, in a FME version" As I totally new for FME

Badge +20

any reference for this "Reproduce the Transformers, Parameters and workflow in a workspace you want to use it, in a FME version" As I totally new for FME

There is always the help section.

Creating a Custom Transformer (safe.com)

You basically insert the same transformers and set them the same way as in StringConcatenatorGroupBy, as I remember (I don't have time to check) there are 4 or 5 transformers in there.

You do the same for the Parameters.

As you are new, this is a great opportunity to learn some basic knowledge.😉

You don't even need to recreate the custom transformer, you can leave the workflow in your workspace as is, set the attributes you need. Maybe put a bookmark on it...

Badge

actually I am working on existing FME script in which I have to create custom transformer which will do two shape file merging and finding common between from it and then concatenate by string using commas.