Question

For multiple features running through the same transformer - how to make each individual Reader-Transformer-Writer process to finish, before continuing to the next one?

• 19 February 2021
  • 2 replies

I'm trying to process multiple features (OBJ files) through the same transformer (Rotator). The default workbench is set to start with Reading all the features one by one and applying the transformer. Only after the reading and transforming is complete, starts the writing. how to make each individual Reader-Transformer-Writer process to finish, before continuing to the next one?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

If you want to enforce that the only practical way is to set up a second workspace with a File/Pathname reader, have it read the directory with OBJ files and then use a WorkspaceRunner to run your existing workspace on that OBJ file only.

Just curious, is there a reason you want to process them one by one?

Thanks for replying. Since I have thousands of OBJ files to process and not to much RAM unfortunately, it takes forever to even just read the first file....

I don't want to seat around and wait for it to finish - I'd like to grab the output and use it as soon as it is ready instead of waiting for the entire process to end.

Here's how I want the workbench to look like except I don't want to duplicate the same Transformer thousands of times to achieve that (like I did here for the sake of example).

Thanks,

Tomer