Solved

gdb writer, how to update only changes

• 18 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

I'm getting confused when writing to a gdb with regard to feature operation parameters. The options are Insert, Update, Delete, and fme_db_operation. What I am looking to do is write only changes. Add rows if required, subtract rows if required, modify rows if required, and no modifications to unchanged rows. In other words, compare tables, then update only changes. It is not clear to me in the documentation that any one parameter does this. Let me know.

Thank you,

Tyler

FME Workbench 2020.2

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 18 February 2021, 19:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Difficult to say as your workflow is unknown, but one way to do this is using the ChangeDetector, which adds fme_db_operation to the Updated / Inserted / Deleted outputports.

So what you can do is connect these outputports to a FeatureWriter, set Feature Operation to fme_db_operation and columns to objectid.

2021-02-18_16h46_042021-02-18_16h45_14 

Badge +2

@townest​ The FME documentation Feature Operations should help explain fme_db_operation. Also the two part webinar on Managing Changing Data might give you some ideas, Part1 & Part2

Badge +4

@townest​ The FME documentation Feature Operations should help explain fme_db_operation. Also the two part webinar on Managing Changing Data might give you some ideas, Part1 & Part2

Thanks @Mark Stoakes​ . The videos shed some light on a solution.