Question

I'm trying to extract spatial data from Oracle to an ESRI file geo database in ireland 1965 tm 29902 projection but it writes out 29903.

• 10 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Even when I specify the projection in the writer it writes out to ireland 1965 29903.  

Any ideas how I fix this? 

thanks in advance 

Rhona

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @rhona​,

Check out Dave's answer to FME cannot write Irish National Grid TM65 coordinate system to Esri formats for the full explanation and workaround if you would like to write out to EPSG 29903. In summary, FME maps the same definitions for 29902 and 29903 as we follow Ordnance Survey Ireland's lead as the originating authority on the projections. Dave goes it into a lot better detail though so please take a look at the link above.

Hi @rhona​,

Check out Dave's answer to FME cannot write Irish National Grid TM65 coordinate system to Esri formats for the full explanation and workaround if you would like to write out to EPSG 29903. In summary, FME maps the same definitions for 29902 and 29903 as we follow Ordnance Survey Ireland's lead as the originating authority on the projections. Dave goes it into a lot better detail though so please take a look at the link above.

Thank you :) I appreciate your help, it sorts my problem.... and he worded his question so much better than me

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Thank you :) I appreciate your help, it sorts my problem.... and he worded his question so much better than me

You're very welcome! Glad to be able to help (: