Question

FME 2020: How to remove points duplicates (identical points)?

• 31 January 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +5

FME 2020: How to remove points duplicates (identical points)?

I couldn’t figure out how to remove points duplicates.

Clip_337 

Clip_336 

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

One way to do this is to use the Matcher transformer, and use Single Matched and Not Matched outputports.

Another way is Geometry Extractor (fme_geometry) followed by a DuplicateFilter (_geometry).

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

PointOnPointOverlayer would also be worth looking at. It has tolerance so could be usefull if your points are not precisely at the same coordinate

Badge +5

Thank you guys for the help.

In the screenshots below, the text 16 and 17 are duplicated. I couldn’t figure out why the tools you have already provided fails to remove the duplication

The data is attached

Clip_343 

Clip_344 

Clip_345 

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

In the screenshots below, the text 16 and 17 are duplicated. I couldn’t figure out why the tools you have already provided fails to remove the duplication

The data is attached

Clip_343 

Clip_344 

Clip_345 

The _overlap attribute coming from the PointOnAreaOverlayer identifies that those points have one overlap, you now need to filter out those that overlap

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

The data is attached

Clip_343 

Clip_344 

Clip_345 

Make sure you only checked "Geometry" in the parameters.

Badge +5

I couldn’t manage how to catch the duplicated points neither to clean them as per the screenshot below

Clip_29

Badge +4

@jamal​  I would try to use a CoordinateRounder :matcher 

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I couldn’t manage how to catch the duplicated points neither to clean them as per the screenshot below

Clip_29

This should be not that hard... You only need the Matcher. Set it only to check geometry. If you only get NotMatched output, the points are not exact duplicates.

2021-02-02_17h21_53

Badge +5

Thank you for the help.

The CoordinateRounder, GeometryExtractor, and DuplicateFilter works fine.

The Matcher fails to catch duplicate texts coming from AutoCAD

Clip_362