Question

xport/import database connections in FME server

• 23 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +8

You can export/import database connections in FMEworkbench (as xml or enc-file), wouldn*t it be nice to have the same function in FME server? Will we see it soon?

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi @hermann​ ,

If you would like to export Web/Database Connections from one FME Server and import them onto another FME Server you can do this by using Projects (available in FME Server 2017 and newer).

Projects allow you to add items from your FME Server with the primary benefit being the ability to migrate these items between FME Servers.

Hi @hermann​ ,

If you would like to export Web/Database Connections from one FME Server and import them onto another FME Server you can do this by using Projects (available in FME Server 2017 and newer).

Projects allow you to add items from your FME Server with the primary benefit being the ability to migrate these items between FME Servers.

Holly,

Can you please forward me to the proper HELP location for me to create an enc file.

SteveSawyer

Badge +2

Holly,

Can you please forward me to the proper HELP location for me to create an enc file.

SteveSawyer

Hi @stevesawyer​ ,

You can find information for exporting connections on this article under method two: https://community.safe.com/s/article/making-database-and-web-connections-public