Solved

Server apps does not seem to cope with the 'use tree' option set in pub. parameters when selecting 'Choice (multiple'. I.e. you lose the higher level and it just appends the group name. Any ideas? Does server app not support this?

• 23 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

server_app_optserver_app_tree

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 1 December 2021, 21:07

View original

5 replies

Badge +2

Hi @paulc1​ ,

Unfortunately, you've encountered a known limitation, currently, FME Server does not support the tree structure for Choice parameters. I have made a note of this post on the internal issue tracking this request (FMESERVER-14685) so that you may be notified should this be fixed.

@hollyatsafe​ 

Thanks for posting the answer about the known limitation. Is there any planned patch fix on this issue?

Badge +2

@hollyatsafe​ 

Thanks for posting the answer about the known limitation. Is there any planned patch fix on this issue?

Hi @llucas_osi​ ,

I'm sorry for the slow response. I have reviewed this issue with one of our product managers and they shared that the work blocking this request is currently underway, so with that in mind, there is a target fix version of FME 2022.0 for this specific problem. That being said, I will add a disclaimer that I can't guarantee it will be fixed in this timeline, as it is always possible we may hit snags along the way that could delay the work.

Hi @hollyatsafe​ 

That's great, thanks for the reply- good to know it's on the agenda, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

By any chance is there a similar issue logged for the 'Message' published parameter in FME Server? I have it set as published and yet it does not display in either the run page or the server app created from the workflow.

Thanks,

Lauren

Badge +2

Hi @hollyatsafe​ 

That's great, thanks for the reply- good to know it's on the agenda, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

By any chance is there a similar issue logged for the 'Message' published parameter in FME Server? I have it set as published and yet it does not display in either the run page or the server app created from the workflow.

Thanks,

Lauren

Hi @llucas_osi​ ,

The Message published parameter was new in FME Desktop 2021 and we are still playing catch up in FME Server but we are hopeful to add support for the Message parameter by 2022.0, but again I can't guarantee that release as the work for it has not yet been started.

The tracking number for this request is FMESERVER-17026.