Solved

Hi there, I have been using FME Desktop 2020 on both my laptop and desktop for work without trouble. I have installed the same version and used the same license on our GIS Server, but the reader won't connect to SQL Server Spatial. Below is the erro

• 4 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Failed to open reader

Failed to read schema features from dataset 'FME_SENTINEL_DATASET_FOR_DATABASE_LISTING' using the 'MSSQL_ADO' reader

Failed to obtain any schemas from reader 'MSSQL_ADO' from 1 datasets. This may be due to invalid datasets or format accessibility issues due to licensing, dependencies, or module loading. See logfile for more information

Failed to obtain any schemas from reader 'MSSQL_ADO' from 1 datasets. This may be due to invalid datasets or format accessibility issues due to licensing, dependencies, or module loading. See logfile for more information

Failed to read schema features from dataset 'FME_SENTINEL_DATASET_FOR_DATABASE_LISTING' using the 'MSSQL_ADO' reader

icon

Best answer by joshuajames1979 5 December 2020, 06:56

View original

2 replies

Badge +4

Sorry I realised it was using SQL Server Authentication. I changed it to Windows Authentication and it works. Apologies.

I'm having this same issue on a remote server that has access to our SQL Server through port 1433. Other applications such as ArcGIS are able to access the server and database, but I get the same exact error above using FME when trying to set up a reader for both spatial and non-spatial SQL. ALSO, I'm able to access the database using the SQL Non-Spatial (JDBC) reader.

I'm assuming there's an issue with the MSSQL_ADO connector. I've reinstalled SQL Native Client 2012 and even repaired the installation of FME... We are using the Data Interoperability Extension for GIS, if that perhaps is any indication.

Since the installation is not on the same domain, windows login is not possible. SQL Server authentication should work.

Any thoughts? Thanks...