Question

I get an error "Invalid Layer: Raster layer Provider is not valid" when trying to open a raster I have imported to Postgis using FME 2020.

• 26 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am getting an invalid layer message when trying to open a raster in QGIS. This raster I have imported into Postgis using FME. I was using column=rast . I have set the coordinate system as the reader, but when importing the SRID is not being written.

Invalid Layer: Raster layer Provider is not valid (provider: postgresraster, URI: PG: dbname='xxxxx' host=xxxxx port=5432 user='myuser' password='mypassword' sslmode=disable mode=2 schema='myschema' column='rast' table='GEOTIFF'

Any tips, how to fix this?

2 replies

Badge

Did you find a solution or workaround? I have the same problem and I am not getting any further.

Badge

Did you find a solution or workaround? I have the same problem and I am not getting any further.

Hi,

No, I didn't get a solution but I found a workaround. I used a rastertiler to import the raster into PostGIS. See below. Just remember to write "rast"as raster column and the SRID in the writter.