Question

?Attribute Manager and kml property setter

• 17 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

: I'm trying to use Attribute manager to rename/reorder attributes so they appear differently in kml pop up balloons. However instead of getting renamed the attributes are being removed.

3 replies

Badge +2
Hi @jhawks

Could you please expand a little more on your problem. I have ran your fmwt and inspected the output and all Attributes from the AttributeManager appear to be coming through:

The only one missing was 'CRAP' but if you look at the User Attributes in the Writer this is just not being picked up because the Attribute Definition was set to Manual (Copy from Reader) so you just need to change this to Automatic. This is indicated by the red arrow next to that attribute.

Badge +6
Hi @jhawks

Could you please expand a little more on your problem. I have ran your fmwt and inspected the output and all Attributes from the AttributeManager appear to be coming through:

The only one missing was 'CRAP' but if you look at the User Attributes in the Writer this is just not being picked up because the Attribute Definition was set to Manual (Copy from Reader) so you just need to change this to Automatic. This is indicated by the red arrow next to that attribute.

If I rename CHART_NUM to Chart Number: It disappears from the balloon. (for example, any other attributes are doing it too). Updated wrokbench attached, noaa-rncs-shape-kml-good.fmwt

Badge +2

If I rename CHART_NUM to Chart Number: It disappears from the balloon. (for example, any other attributes are doing it too). Updated wrokbench attached, noaa-rncs-shape-kml-good.fmwt

Hi @jhawks

As I mentioned before I believe the problem is that your Writer definition was set to manual - this copies the attribute names from the Reader so doesn't pick up any Attribute changes made later in the workspace. You can see that this is the problem when you look at the Writer and it will still list CHART_NUM but the arrow next to it will have gone red indicating it can't find this attribute (see image in previous comment).

Open the Writer Parameters and under User Attributes set the Definition to Automatic. This will make the writer pick up any attributes incoming from the last transformer in the workspace and Chart Number will now be included.